- 5 hours ago
- 5 hours ago
- 5 hours ago
- 1 day ago
“A villain is just a victim whose story hasn’t been told.”
Why is this one of the things recommended for me on my dash.
There’s so much wrong with this.
1. The quote is bullshit, and indicative of everything terrible about our society, which constantly puts the pain of the abuser above those they abuse.
2 It also grossly furthers the idea that all victims are potential abusers. Which has real life ramifications, because this is actually something that survivors of child abuse fear and one of the reasons they do not always come forward.
3. Bucky has no goddamn business being in this set. He wasn’t a villain. He actually was a victim.
4. We saw Anakin’s story. We KNOW his story. Cool story, bro, but you still murdered children. You are not now and never shall be a fucking victim, but those babies were, so fuck you and fuck your defenders and especially fuck anyone who would think that you are a goddamn victim.
5. We know Magneto’s story intimately. It has been told often. He was a victim once. And then he decided that Genocide was okay.
6. Fuck Fake White Khan and we do in fact know Real Khan’s story. He did think he was a victim, but no, he was not. He was a complicated and amazing villain that went against the typical type of POC villains that we get - he was brilliant and clever and not just a “thug.” But he was not a victim (no, not even after the neighboring planet went boom.)
7. We know Loki’s story too. It’s one of a whiny spoiled brat who keeps trying to commit genocide.
tldr: Bucky has no business being in this set. The rest of these people are murderous terrible people. They are not victims, though some of them were once.
I waited to reblog this, specifically for someone to express this^^. tumblr delivered.
THANK FUCK. WHERE’S MY CRAZY FUTHERFUCKING JOKER AT. I DARE YOU TO MAKE HIM ”MISANDERSTOOD”. HE WILL STAB YOU IN THE FUCKING NECK. BITCH. Also get Bucky the hell away no no no.
Okay congrats on not getting the point of the post, buttheads.
All the quote meant was that being a villain depends on the viewer’s perspective, like holy shit wow, way to overreact just because I didn’t add an essay-long caption to ensure you all the things you are assuming right now aren’t true. Just because someone doesn’t add a disclaimer doesn’t mean you should fucking auto-assume they are literally saying “don’t ever support heroes, villains are awesome, everything they do is awesome, i totally condone their activity” like fuck no there is a fucking difference between understanding/relating to the horrible shit a villain goes through (that consequently makes them the “villain” of the story) and condoning the horrible shit that they do to other people. See, you CAN like a character for their madness, insanity, charisma, or intelligence but that does not mean that we think what they do is ok. And guess what? If you don’t like a villain then congrats on having an opinion, you aren’t obligated to like them. Just calm your goddamn tits, drama queen and stop hating on people who like “evil characters”. You can fuck your self righteous judgmental butts right the fuck off for looking down on us for liking what we like. Fuck you and fuck everyone who tries to make anyone feel bad for liking what we like, when it comes down to it, these are ALL FICTIONAL CHARACTERS, no one was actually hurt or killed by them, its all make believe. Entertainment. So GET OFF THAT HIGH HORSE OF YOURS, douchebags.
Literally all this post is saying is that “villains aren’t always just one-dimensional obstacle courses for the heroes to mow down” they are people that went through shit and probably went through some really bad shit that made them stop giving any fucks. Anyone can be a villain - it just depends on your perspective. That is all the quote is saying - not all that fucking overassumptious bullshit you tried to put in my mouth from a goddamn gifset.
(via 17dvds)Source: ericscissorhands
My life is full of disappointments and sad endings and I have no one to back me up or make me feel better anymore or love me…. Because they all left me for someone else… Or are going to and have made a point to tell me that they would choose someone else…. So thanks Life, for making me everyone’s second-to-last choice
Time to shut down